The weather’s been so dreadful, and I was so excited to actually put this pencil tin into use that I’ve got ‘action photos’! This is (a small portion of) my desk at work. I used to use a chipped coffee cup to hold my pencils, but while it was adequate it wasn’t really stylish. I think this is a definite improvement.
The embroidery pattern is from Badbird (aka Andrea Zuill). I’ve had it in the back of my mind to stitch ever since she originally posted it, but was waiting for the right project to come along.
The can cover is made almost exactly the same way as last time, but I gave up the hand stitching along the back seam and just machine sewed it, making a long tube to pull over the can. The lining just folds down inside. I think next time I’ll only sew the back seam as far as the rim of the can, leaving the lining free to overlap inside; it’s a little ‘ruffly’ on this one because it didn’t fit perfectly. Still, it’s on the inside so it’ll almost never be seen.